THE CURRENT RACE FAVORITE
Seismic Alphas hands down are the longest-lasting race wheels on the planet. While everyone else in the race scene is swapping wheels every run, Seismic team rider, Chase Hiller, only swaps wheels once or twice per weekend.
These wheels have a SUPER long-lasting skin, a cambered lip profile for extra grip, an ultra grippy urethane formula, when fresh, as well as, a super buttery slide, when broken in. If you’re looking for the best bang for you buck this race season… GET ON SOME ALPHAS DAWG!
The familiar names of Black Ops and DefCon are back with a new lip profile that seismic claims to be a giant leap forward in race wheel engineering. .
Use the Black Ops thane for:
The ultimate balance of speed and grip: extreme traction fresh, buttery and smooth broken-in, comfortable and predictable slides.
Use the DefCon thane for:
Peak speed and extremely long lasting grip. Whether you’re racing or taking 20+ runs down the 🐟 and don’t want to swap wheels, these are the wheels for you.
Downhill | Racing | Beating All of Your Competitors
- Diameter: 75.5mm
- Width: 62.5mm
- Contact Patch: 62.5mm
- Durometer: 76a | 77a | 78a
- Lip Profile: Sharp
- Core Placement: Offset
- Contact Patch Surface: Smooth, Grippy
Comes in 3 Colors:
76a – Blue | 78a – Mango | 80a – Mint
75.5mm tall x 62.5mm wide ALPHA Wheels
62mm running surface • Bearing seat offset 6.5% • Square outside edge, straight-cut inside edge
8.125 oz. each • Sold in sets of FOUR wheels
A highly-optimized balance of properties for modern racing
• Size and momentum to carry you past the competition in straightaways – yet agile enough for quick acceleration, fast edge-to-edge adjustments, and snappy technical pre-drifts. Welcome to a whole new realm of FAST!
• Finely-calibrated width and supremely supported edges for smooth, predictable handling through even the hardest corners.
• The very fastest urethane that the skateboard industry has ever seen, bar none.
• Named after the Greek letter “alpha” (α), used in science to represent rotational acceleration.
A giant step forward in race wheel engineering
• Stout S-shaped edge profile optimizes lip support, maximizes traction under extreme G’s, and ensures predictable slide initiation and hookup.
• Running surface features a 0.5mm concave that pre-loads edges, heightens rebound, and enhances in-slide feedback.
• Bearing seat offset 6.5% for progressive lip engagement and more consistent wear.
The Fusion™ core – integrating 15 years of advanced hub R&D
• 46mm tall x 44mm wide – the largest and most supportive hub ever seen in a wheel this size.
• Deep, wide “saddle” profile regulates lateral wheel flex, supercharges edge support, and ensures absolute mechanical lock with the urethane.
• 8 lateral support beams (hollowed-out for lightness and aesthetics) form wide ridges that create unprecedented circumferential lock and rebound.
• Robust bearing lugs.
• Formed from 85D fiber-reinforced thermoplastic – the toughest hub material in the industry.
Available in TWO proprietary formulas, with finely-tuned durometer choices.
BlackOps™: comfortable and predictable on all pavements • exceptional balance of speed and grip • extreme traction fresh • buttery and smooth sliding broken-in
• 77A Blue: Sticky and predictable “in the pavement” slide. Perfect for rough and inconsistent pavement.
Defcon™: Ultra-high-rebound, thoroughbred race ‘thane • Guinness WR speed • directional slide • long-lasting grip • slow, consistent wear
• 74A Plum (Chase Hiller pro signature wheel): Plush, velvety roll with extra edge hold, even on rough roads. Aggressive yet smooth slide with faster braking.
• 76A Mango: Vice-like grip and very snappy directional slide, with plenty of slowdown power. Ideal for aggressive racing.
• 78A Mint: Very stiff edges that give loads of grip with a friendly slide and crisp hookup. Ideal for smooth roads and lighter riders.
Seismic Alpha Videos
The overall opinion on the wheels seems to be extremely positive. Many commenters express their excitement and admiration for the wheels showcased in the videos. Words like “amazing,” “awesome,” and “sick” are used to describe the wheels and their performance. People are impressed by the speed, grip, and overall quality of the wheels.
Additionally, there is praise for the production value of the videos, with comments highlighting the great editing and filming techniques. Some viewers appreciate the detailed information provided in the videos, finding them informative and insightful. The enthusiasm and positive feedback from the commenters suggest that the wheels have made a strong impression and are highly regarded within the skateboarding community.
Overall, it can be concluded that the wheels have garnered a lot of positive attention and have left a favorable impression on the viewers.